- Background checks are required by the St. Louis County Athletic Association (SLCAA), and NWAA for the protection of our youth for all sports.
- Background checks are $14 plus a $1.25 payment fee available online at https://www.machs.mshp.dps.mo.gov
- All T-Ball team managers and coaches must have a completed background check.
- All other baseball and softball Divisions must have at least 1 manager and 1 coach on their roster with a completed background check.
- At least one team representative must be present at all baseball games.
- All soccer and football teams as well as cheerleading squads must have at least one manager/coach with a completed background check.
If games are cancelled due to weather or poor field conditions:
- Notification will be placed on the NWAA Facebook (facebook.com/nwaasports).
- A message will be left on the NWAA rainout line (636.671.1467).
- NWAA manager log into portal to select a new tentitive game date which the visiting team will accept or decline.
- NWAA Scheduler will confirm the game re-schedule via e-mail.
Here are the SLCAA rules governing same with time limits on the process:
SECTION 6.28 THE HOME ASSOCIATION MAY POSTPONE A GAME DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER PRIOR TO THE GAME. IN THIS EVENT, THE HOME TEAM MANAGER SHALL NOTIFY THE VISITING MANAGER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. ALL OTHER GAME STOPPAGES DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS SHALL RESULT IN THE GAME BEING DELAYED BY THE UMPIRE-IN-CHIEF ON THE FIELD OF PLAY, AND ONLY THE HOME ASSOCIATION'S BOARD MEMBER ON DUTY HAS THE AUTHORITY TO OFFICIALLY POSTPONE THE GAME. PLAYERS, MANAGERS AND COACHES MUST REPORT TO THE FIELD OF PLAY TO RECEIVE OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION OF A GAME POSTPONED BY THE UMPIRE-IN-CHIEF. FAILURE TO SO REPORT WILL RESULT IN A FORFEIT BEING DECLARED. SECTION 6.29 THE HOME TEAM MUST CONTACT BY EMAIL THE VISITOR WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE RAINOUT AND OFFER TWO DATES. THE VISITING TEAM MUST RESPOND WITHIN NINE (9) DAYS OF THE RAINOUT TO THE TWO (2) DATES OFFERED. EVEN WITH CONFLICTS THE GAME MUST BE RESCHEDULED WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS OF THE RAINOUT. THAT DOES NOT MEAN PLAYED WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS JUST RESCHEDULED FOR A LATER DATE. IF NEITHER TEAM INITIATES A RESCHEDULE WITHIN THE FOURTEEN (14) DAY TIME FRAME, THE GAME WILL GO DOWN AS FORFEIT FOR BOTH TEAMS. A FORFEIT SHALL BE RECORDED WITH A SCORE OF 7-0. SECTION 6.30 IF ONE (1) TEAM IS AT FAULT FOR THE GAME NOT BEING RE-SCHEDULED IN THE TWO (2) WEEK PERIOD, THAT TEAM WILL RECEIVE THE FORFEIT. THIS WILL BE DETERMINED BY EMAIL DATES AND TIMES.
- It is the team manager's responsibility to order team uniforms (except for T-Ball), collect money from parents for uniforms and pay for the uniforms. NWAA is not responsible for payment of uniforms.
- It is the team manager's responsibility to notify players and parents regarding rescheduled rainout games, game schedule changes, team picture date & time, and all other association activity.
- Our website (www.nwaasports.org) and the bulletin board outside the field office is where NWAA posts important information. Please encourage your parents to check these often for upcoming events.